172 pages / Eternal Perspective Ministries / 2012
Randy Alcorn has written a much longer pro-life book called Pro-Life Answers to Pro-Choice Arguments, but while I would recommend it highly as a pro-life reference work, at 455 pages, it's a bit much to take in in a short period.
Why Pro-Life?, on the other hand, is an excellent concise call to love both mother and child in a crisis pregnancy. Randy Alcorn's book was originally published in 2004 (available as a free PDF at the last link below), but it was updated in 2012. Both editions include sections on the following:
- The Basics;
- The Child;
- The Woman;
- Other Important Issues; and
- Spiritual Perspectives and Opportunities.
- the chapter " Do Birth Control Pills Cause Abortion?"
(an issue that has also been recently covered here); as well as
- appendices on
- Abortion in the Bible and Church History;
- Biblical Passages Relevant to Life Issues; and
- Talking Points for Communicating the Pro-Life Message.
If you want a clearer understanding of how to be pro-life for both mother and child, or want to expose someone else to the pro-life perspective, you can get the 2004 version of Why Pro-Life? for free here or buy the 2012 edition on Amazon.